All auditions are open to the public and require no prior stage experience. They are comprised of a registration period beginning at 6:30 PM, unless otherwise noted, with the auditions being cold reads from the show’s script.
The Lady Swims Today
Audition Dates: July 9-11, 2017
Show Dates: September 7th -24th, 2017
Director HG Brown is looking to cast 4 men and 3 women for
- Eddie Hejazi, a man of indefinite age, handsome; women find him attractive and exciting.
- Harley Davis, a man in his late thirties, cocky but deeply insecure.
- George Ives, a man in his late-fifties, bartender at the marina where the action is set.
- Mal Peters, in his fifties and the owner of the Carney Hook Marina Motel . A “retired” airline pilot with a past he wants to forget.
- Beverly Sharon Peters, in her late forties, recently married to Mal, and starting a new life on the Eastern Shore.
- Joyce Stevens, a woman in her late-thirties to early forties, she is glamorous and knows it, but enjoys liquor too much for her own good, and is attracted to dangerous men and edgy situations.
- Alice Bender, a woman in her late-twenties to early thirties; a dancer in a strip club, and Harley’s girl.
But Why Bump Off Barnaby
Auditions: Sept 10-12, 2017
Show Dates: November 2nd – 19th, 2017
Director John Procino is looking to cast 4 men, 6 women for
- Medkins, a serenely capable butler.
- Magnolia, a very apprehensive maid.
- Orion Leduc, an arthritic British baronet.
- Barnaby Folcey, a poor relation of the Leducs.
- Lady Barbara Fenwick, a rather deaf peeress.
- Rosalind Barstow, a flamboyant fortune-hunter.
- Cleo Barton, a middle-aged Hollywood actress.
- Jeff Barnettt, an intrepid police reporter.
- Miss Barnsdale, an old nearsighted family governess.
- Dora Dunstock, an adorable young dimwit.
The Importance Of Being Earnest
Audition Dates: Nov 5 - 7, 2017
Show Dates: January 4th – 28th, 2018
Director Deanna Fielden is looking to cast 5 men, 4 women for
- John (Jack/Ernest) Worthing, J.P., The play’s protagonist. Jack Worthing is a seemingly responsible and respectable young man who leads a double life.
Algernon Moncrieff, The play’s secondary hero. Algernon is a charming, idle, decorative bachelor
- Gwendolen Fairfax, Algernon’s cousin and Lady Bracknell’s daughter. Gwendolen is in love with Jack
- Cecily Cardew, Jack’s ward, the granddaughter of the old gentlemen who found and adopted Jack when Jack was a baby. Cecily is probably the most realistically drawn character in the play.
- Lady Bracknell, Algernon’s snobbish, mercenary, and domineering aunt and Gwendolen’s mother. She is cunning, narrow-minded, authoritarian, and possibly the most quotable character in the play.
- Miss Prism, Cecily’s governess. Miss Prism is an endless source of pedantic bromides and clichés. Also, she entertains romantic feelings for Dr. Chasuble.
- Rev. Canon Chasuble, D.D, The rector on Jack’s estate. Both Jack and Algernon approach Dr. Chasuble to request that they be christened “Ernest.”Lane, Algernon’s manservant
- Merriman, The butler at the Manor House, Jack’s estate in the country.
The Boys Next Door
Audition Dates: Jan 7 - 9, 2018
Show Dates: March 8th – 25th, 2018
Director Mercedes Finley is looking to cast 7 men, 2 women for
- Arnold Wigging, MALE, 28-45, a man with a mild mental disability and obsessive compulsive
- Norman Bulansky, MALE, 28-45, a middle aged man with mental disabilities
- Lucien P. Smith, MALE 25-50, is a large African-American man who faces extremely debilitating mental disorders
- Barry Klemper, MALE 18-64, is a 28 year old man with schizophrenia who believes he is a pro golfer
- Jack Palmer, MALE 28-45, is the social worker for the four handicapped men
- Sheila, FEMALE 18-64, is Norman’s girlfriend and like Norman, she faces mental disabilities
- Mr. Kemper, MALE 18-64, Barry’s explosive, abusive and physically handicapped father.
- Mr. Hodges/ Mr. Corbin/ Senator Clark, MALE 18-64, Mr. Hodges, Barry’s golf student whose patience only goes so far; Mr. Corbin the movie theater manager; Senator Clark, a dignified public servant. NOTE: the 3 parts above are played by one actor
- Mrs. Fremus/ Mrs. Warren/ Clara, FEMALE18-64, Mrs. Fremus, a widow who lives next door; Mrs. Warren, a new neighbor; Clara, Sheila’s mentally disabled friend. Note: The three parts above are played by one actress.
Audition Dates: March 11 - 13, 2018
Show Dates: May 3rd – 20th, 2018
Director Patricia Holerger is looking to cast 5 men, 3 women (no ages indicated)
- CHARLES, abbot of Priseaux
- BROTHER MARTIN, his second in command
- BROTHER OLF, a novice
- BROTHER FELIX, a novice
- PEASANT WOMAN, from the village
- JACK, a one-eyed minstrel
- MARIE, his wife of sorts